High School & College Credit
Kent Career Tech Center prepares you for your future career, and helps you get the education you need. Whether you're looking for high school or college credit, the Tech Center has the options you're looking for.
High School Credit Options
Embedded Academic Credit: Each of our programs has Math and ELA content embedded in the instruction. Student going through the program and earning a passing grade may be eligible in their home district to earn up to 1.0 Math credit and 1.0 ELA credit. If a student or parent is interested, they should contact their local high school counselor.
- Math: Math content is embedded in every program as part of the standards. We have alignments that indicate up to 1.0 credit of Math can be awarded. This would be a 4th Math credit, not Algebra, Geometry, or Algebra 2.
- ELA: Each program's delivery includes reading, speaking, listening, and writing. These activities have been aligned by our ELA consultants at Kent ISD and we recommend up to 1.0 credit of 11th and 12th grade ELA that does not include the literature standards.
- Science, World Language, and Visual, Performing & Applied Arts (VPAA): Completer in CTE programs (students who finish program with a 2.0/C or better in each class) are able to waive the MMC required 3rd Science credit, 2nd World Language credit, and receive credit for meeting the VPAA requirement. Work with your local counselor to see how your high school utilizes this flexibility.
College Credit Options
Ready to get a jump start on college? You've come to the right place. Almost all of our students go on to college or technical training with college credit already on their transcripts. The Tech Center can help you get FREE college credit!
- Direct credit with GVSU & Ferris State University
- Earned credit (articulation) options with many colleges, including Baker College, GRCC, Davenport University and Ferris State University
- See here for More info on college credit options
Kent Career Tech Center Transcript Request