About Health Career Foundations
This program is for students interested in learning about what it takes to work in the healthcare field. This one year program is designed for students to learn about all different types of health careers and how they are organized into 5 pathways.
Students enrolled in this program will be engaged in a combination of classroom instruction, hands-on activities, patient skill experiences, speakers and possible work-based learning experiences. During lab time students will have the opportunity to be both “patient” and “health care worker”. Students will work individually, as well as in groups promoting teamwork and problem solving skills. Innovative activities and demonstrations help students apply the information learned in class, enabling them to be effective communicators, critical thinkers and life-long learners. The learning environment reflects a real workplace students might encounter during a career as a healthcare professional.
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Infection Control/Patient Safety
- Employability Skills and Work Based Learning
Helpful Skills and Experiences
- Motivated by science including being investigative and inquisitive
- A team player who is willing to help others
- Has high integrity and dedication that permits independent work by following rules