2021-2022 Enrollment Requests for Returning Students
Current KCTC 11th grade students have the opportunity to participate in Returning Enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year. Because we give returning students priority placement, the student must maintain good standings in attendance and academics. Failure to do so will result in placement loss.
Academics/Attendance/Conduct: In some cases, if more requests for a class are made than seats are available, we will make selections based on student performance, attendance, and teacher recommendation.
Students will be given the opportunity during class time to make a selection for next year. This process is done through the student’s PowerSchool account.
Students will be asked to declare one of three options:
- Select the program and session he/she would like to attend in 2022-2023.
(Some programs and schools do not participate all three sessions)
- Select Undecided (A member of the Student Services staff will connect with the student to discuss options and possible program visits to other programs)
- Select Not Returning
Returning Enrollment is from January 17-February 11.
Students may change their selection after that point through the student services office, but they will no longer have priority placement.
Returning Enrollment lists will be sent to the student’s high school counselor in February.
2022-2023 Enrollment confirmation letters will be mailed in May.
Enrollment Process for Local High School Students
- Student should discuss graduation requirements with his/her high school counselor to be sure the student is on track.
- Attending Kent Career Tech Center’s Fall or Spring Open House with a parent is important as they provide an overall glimpse of the Tech Center’s unique hands on learning environment.
- Student should sign up for an individual Kent Career Tech Center Program Visit with their local high school counselor.
- A program visit is vital for success. Through a program visit, students are able to experience our programs first hand to see if it is a solid fit for them.
- High school counselors are responsible for enrolling students.
- Phase 1 enrollment will run from February 14 to March 18.
- Enrollment will be confirmed in May.
- Enrolled students should participate in the New Student Orientation in early August. This allows students and parents to meet the Tech Center’s administration team as they discuss expectations for a successful school year.
Home Schooled Student Enrollment Process
- Contact our Career Development Facilitators to schedule a program visit at 616-447-2433.
- E-mail the Registrar Stephanie Comer to set up a time to complete the enrollment form.
- Please provide the following information when submitting your completed enrollment form:
- A Birth Certificate (the certificate will be viewed but a copy will not be retained).
- Proof of Residency (2 pieces). This can be a driver's license, utility bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement.
- High School Transcript
- Custody agreements or restrictions if applicable (a copy of these documents will be retained).
- Enrollment will be confirmed in early May.
Posted Grades/Report Card Dates 2021-2022:
- October 27 (Quarter 1 grades posted)
- January 5 (Quarter 2/Semester 1 grades posted)
- March 23 (Quarter 3 grades posted)
- May 25 for seniors, June 8 (Quarter 4/Semester 2 grades posted)
Link to a the video to help you create your PowerSchool parent account here
Main Office Hours
6:30 AM - 3:00 PM Monday - Friday
1st Session: 6:55 - 9:10
2nd Session: 9:15 - 11:30
3rd Session: 12:00 - 2:15