The Precision Machining industry is a diverse, high tech, and fast paced industry made possible by highly skilled individuals and machinery. If you are mechanically inclined, like to work hands on, enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving, this is a course for you.
This course covers precision instruments and measurement, equipment setups & operations of machining processes. Lab projects & activities provide students the opportunity to apply and build upon many skills learned. The course is located offsite at GRCC’s Applied Technology Center so students work in a college atmosphere.
- Use computers to design parts, program and operate high-tech computer controlled manufacturing equipment
- Discover how all kinds of things are made from design to production
- Explore careers in advanced manufacturing
- Learn engineering principles and design software
- Industry-driven and learner-centered blended learning online curriculum
- Go from art to part by designing, engineering, and producing custom projects.
- Learn to program and operate CNC machines
Learn aspects of:
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE)
- O.S.H.A. 10 hour general industry safety & health certification
- Certified Manufacturing Associate (CMfgA)