Learn the basics of this highly specialized industry, including the mechanics, circuits, controls and programmable controllers used in residential and commercial applications.
In the installation year, you'll apply mechanical code to the planning and installation of systems and learn how job costing is done. And in the service year, you'll learn system design, refrigeration and hot water systems and the important role this industry has in environmental protection.
- Plan, install, and service HVACR systems in an actual home
- Apply mechanical code to the planning and installation of systems, including mechanics, circuits, controls and programmable controllers
- Discover the important role this industry has in environmental protection
- Get a close-up look at different systems across the community through a series of field trips
- Learn to fabricate and solder pipe used in these systems
- EPA Section 608 Certification- Section 608 authorizes students to purchase, handle and transport refrigerant.
This certification is offered to all students at the end of the year. Certification gives students that are looking to enter the industry an advantage during the hiring process.