Work-Based Learning Benefits
Benefits to students
- Improve academic achievement.
- Realize the relevance of their education and apply knowledge in a meaningful way.
- Explore career options.
- Increase self-confidence.
- Acquire real workplace experience and work readiness skills.
- Connect with an adult role model.
- Expand career opportunities for their future.
Benefits to Parents and/or Guardians
- Become partners in the education of their student.
- Collaborate with others assisting their student to make informed career choices.
Benefits to CTE Program and Instructor
- Improve academic achievement by participating students.
- Improve student motivation resulting in better attendance and graduation rates.
- Create lasting relationships with business partners.
- Provides opportunities for individualized instruction.
Benefits to Employers
- Better prepared employees who understand workplace expectations.
- Reduce recruitment and training costs.
- Derive value from students' work.