About Automotive Technology
Join our nationally-certified program to learn the latest techniques and technology in automotive systems. You'll explore a wide range of careers while learning these systems and the way vehicle service companies work. Students specialize in two of four career tracks:
- Engine Repair
- Suspension, Steering
Our ASE-certified instructors follow the standards required for NATEF program certification. What does that mean to you? The cars, tools, equipment and lessons are up to date with industry standards.
- Use the latest technology and tools to diagnose and repair customer cars
- Work on a wide variety of manufacturer-donated vehicles
- Prepare for college and advanced training
- Take two State certification tests per year
- One-year students specialize in two areas of certification
- Two-year students specialize in four areas of certification
Learn Hands on with Real Cars Put your skills to the test on real customer cars and manufacturer-donated vehicles
Prepare for Professional Certifications Great preparation for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification and Michigan Mechanics License Test
Earn College Credit Articulated credit with local colleges is available to eligible students who complete this program. Talk with your school counselor and instructor for more details.