Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
About Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
EMTs work as Emergency Medical Responders to traumatic and medical situations within the responding communities.
The Life EMS Emergency Medical Technician program follows and exceeds the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) curriculum.
- Students will learn the required skills and knowledge to treat and transport critically sick and injured persons.
- Upon completion, students will be eligible for licensure at the National Registry level, required by the State of Michigan.
Students learn from comprehensive lectures and hands-on skills practice in the following areas:
- Basic Life support
- Body systems
- Illnesses of the body systems.
- Injuries to the body systems.
- Care for patients that include newborn, pediatric,adults and geriatric
Students will also work in a squad (team) of other students while given scenarios to help improve the students' understanding of caring for patients.