About Hospitality and Culinary
Students in this program learn beginning hospitality and culinary concepts and rotate through areas including dining room service, quantity cooking, baking, sanitation, and travel/tourism. In the second year, students learn specialized skills in several fields. With our own kitchens, restaurant, cafeteria and bakery, students experience a full range of hospitality careers.
Advanced Culinary Arts
- Prepare everything from hors d'oeuvres and canapés to soups, salads and entrées
- Sauté, chop, broil, fry and braise your way through the kitchen
Advanced Pastry Arts
- Prepare bakery goodies like tortes, decorated cakes, breads, bagels, doughnuts and cookies
- Maintain a baking facility and learn baking industry procedures
- Run the school restaurant and bakery and cater special events
- Cook and bake in a commercial-grade kitchen
- Earn college credit starting your second semester and throughout the program
Post Secondary Opportunities
- Earn a Culinary Arts or Baking & Pastry Arts Certificate from the GRCC Secchia Institute for Culinary Education with Launch U for free!
- Students can also dual enroll in GRCC culinary classes any time during their two years in the program
Learn More About the Hospitality and Culinary Program