Hospitality and Culinary
About Hospitality and Culinary
Students in this program learn beginning hospitality and culinary concepts and rotate through areas including dining room service, quantity cooking, baking, sanitation, and travel/tourism. In the second year, students learn specialized skills in several fields. With our own kitchens, restaurant, cafeteria and bakery, students experience a full range of hospitality careers.
Advanced Culinary Arts
- Prepare everything from hors d'oeuvres and canapés to soups, salads and entrées
- Sauté, chop, broil, fry and braise your way through the kitchen
Advanced Pastry Arts
- Prepare bakery goodies like tortes, decorated cakes, breads, bagels, doughnuts and cookies
- Maintain a baking facility and learn baking industry procedures
- Run the school restaurant and bakery and cater special events
- Cook and bake in a commercial-grade kitchen
- Earn college credit starting your second semester and throughout the program
Post Secondary Opportunities
- Earn a Culinary Arts or Baking & Pastry Arts Certificate from the GRCC Secchia Institute for Culinary Education with Launch U for free!
- Students can also dual enroll in GRCC culinary classes any time during their two years in the program