Auto Collision Repair
About Auto Collision Repair
Learn the highly technical world of automotive collision repair and refinish as you repair damaged vehicle exteriors, and mechanical systems. From pre and post computer scanning, cost estimating, damage repair, color matching, application of specialized fillers, paints and coatings, you'll explore all the techniques industry professionals use to restore vehicles to pre-accident condition. Students can earn certifications and begin apprenticeships as part of their study.
- Use diagnostic computers, 3D measuring systems, and computerized estimating services to determine repair plan
- Repair, refinish, and restore damaged vehicle exteriors
- Use state of the art spray guns, and specialized coatings to refinish a vehicle
- Weld and use a variety of specialized, high-tech tools
- Using industry specific detailing techniques restore the showroom finish to a vehicle's interior and exterior
- Earn certifications and begin apprenticeships
Check out Our Labs
Paid Internship Opportunities Eligible second year students can spend two class days per week at an internship in a local collision repair shop
Prepare for Professional Certifications Great preparation for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification and Michigan Mechanics License Test
Earn College Credit Articulated credit with local colleges is available to eligible students who complete this program. Talk with your school counselor and instructor for more details.