Meet Our Staff
Meet the Hospitality Instructors
I have been working in the Hospitality Cluster since 1994. During that time I have been involved in SkillsUSA as an advisor.
I worked for several years in industry prior to teaching. Currently, I am a Joint Owner of Absolute Catering and a Manager at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp.
The best part of being an Instructor is watching kids realize success through hard work and perseverance. I also enjoy observing students who would otherwise not have gone on to post-secondary (college) education realize that they can do it and then make the most of the opportunity.
My favorite thing about KC/TC is the outstanding staff that I work with every day and the dedication they demonstrate to help students realize success both during and after their time with us. The best reward is the student who returns and tells their personal story of success.
- Master's Degree, Michigan State University
- Bachelor's Degree, Ferris State University
- Associates Degree, Culinary Arts, GRCC
- Continuing Education credits through Spring Arbor University and SUNY, Cobleskill, NY
Jacob has worked in the Hospitality Industry since his Junior year in high school. He has experience in family-owned and corporate restaurants, boutique hotels, and large-scale catering.
His industry credentials include:
- Certified Chef de Cuisine - American Culinary Federation
- ServSafe Instructor and Proctor - National Restaurant Association
- ServSafe Manager Certification and Allergen Awareness Certification - National Restaurant Association
- Certified Meat Cutter Program - Michigan State University
- Bachelor's Degree in General Management - Michigan State University
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts - Le Cordon Bleu North America
- Master's Degree in Career and Tech Education - Ferris State University
Picture not available at this time
Career Tech Specialists