Chef Mary Hunter is a former graduate of the Hospitality and Culinary Arts program at Kent Career Technical Center (2000-2002) and is passionate about this program and the students of this industry. She has been working in food service since she was 14 years old, and is also currently the Pastry Chef at The Friesian Gastro Pub in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She has held Executive Chef positions at Country Clubs and large-scale Restaurants.
Her hobbies include gardening, hiking, foraging for wild edible foods, and continued education to improve her knowledge of the culinary and food-as-medicine industry.
- ServSafe Manager Certification
- ServSafe Allergen Certification
- Michigan Certified Wild Mushroom Identification Expert
- KCTC Culinary Arts Certificate (2002)
- A.A.S. in Culinary Arts, Secchia Institute of Culinary Arts (2021)
- Currently pursuing a B.A.S. in Nutritional Sciences, Purdue University