Diesel and Equipment Technology introduces students to servicing, maintaining, repairing and rebuilding components in engines, vehicles and heavy equipment. Students excited to work with and operate equipment, diesel engines, electrical and hydraulic systems and learn welding may be perfect for this program.
- Start, operate, and troubleshoot a wide variety of heavy equipment used in construction, trucking, agricultural, and material handling industries
- Operate specialized testing equipment
- Learn and practice welding techniques
- Service, repair, and rebuild light and heavy duty engines
- Fundamentals of hydraulics
- Fundamentals of electrical systems
Learn all aspects of the heavy equipment that the construction, trucking, agricultural and material handling industries rely on. Understand diesel engines, hydraulic systems, power trains and electrical systems that make this equipment operate effectively. Use the tools and repair equipment the professionals do as you learn to service, repair and rebuild vehicle components.
- SP2 Mechanical Safety
- SP2 Hazardous Material Safety
- State Mechanics Tests