Partners & Career Resources
- Ken Zimmer - Rehmann
- Kyle Baily, Amway
- Ken Brower - Cherry Street Health
- Sharon Vriend-Robinette- Spectrum Health
- Susan Case, Forest Hills Public Schools
- Mike Rice - Kent ISD
- Jeremy Squires, Envizionit
- Drew Rozema, GRCC
- Phil Keibler - Meijer, Inc.
The Information Technology Program at KCTC offers many opportunities to get you started on a path towards a career in IT.
Industry Recognized Certifications
Prepare for and take the following certification Exams:
- A+ Certification Testing through CompTia Testing Centers
- IT Fundamentals testing through CompTia at KCTC
- Security+ Certification testing through CompTia Testing Centers
- Microsoft Office Certification testing through KCTC
- Cisco CCNA testing through Pearson Vue Testing Centers
KCTC is an authorized Cisco Networking Academy, CompTIA Academic Partner, and a Member of the Microsoft Academic Alliance.
Selected KCTC students have a great new opportunity to be involved in a pre-apprenticeship program with local organizations to gain valuable work experience while still in high school. This opportunity is provided through a partnership with GRCC which has received a Department of Labor grant to help increase the number of IT professionals in our area. As apprentices in college at GRCC, students can use up to $2700 of grant funds to increase their education and skills in IT while on the job. For more information, please contact Dr. Denise Mahoney at email@example.com.
Prepare for job application process by writing an industry ready resume and cover letter. Interview with a current IT Professional who will evaluate you resume and cover letter.
Visit colleges that offer degrees in IT including Davenport University, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids Community College and Western Michigan University.