Biomedical Technology professionals use a combination of biology, medicine and technology to improve medical science, medical equipment and the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
Get Actual Experience!
- Dig into cell structure & function – re-engineer cells to stop a simulated outbreak while working in a GVSU lab
- Isolate DNA & study new technologies in genetics using electrophoresis
- Work alongside actual medical researchers & propose a cure for a real disease
- Mutate, grow & study microorganisms for pharmaceutical use
- Visit & tour a variety of clinical & lab environments along the “Medical Mile”
Get a Foundation in...
- Cellular/Molecular Biology
- Human anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology
- Laboratory research & development methods
- Medical math
- Medical terminology
- Scientific research & writing
Meet inventors of high-tech therapies and discuss cutting edge medical research and cures
- Biochemical Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Cell Biologist
- Clinical Biomedical Researcher
- Pharmaceutical Engineer
Biomedical Technology is located at GVSU’s College of Health Sciences/Cook-DeVos Center.