New! Parent Advisory Committee
One of our primary goals at Kent Career Tech Center is to better engage parents as stakeholders in the continuous improvement initiatives of the Tech Center. While overall our parent satisfaction is strong, there is a desire by many parents to know more about what is happening “daily” in the Tech Center classrooms and labs, better accessibility to a “live person” answering the phone in the Tech Center main office, and more information/opportunities on how to volunteer or be more directly involved with the school. Studies reinforce the importance of parent stakeholder involvement and the power of parent-to-parent support systems that can exist in schools. For these reasons, we will be developing a Parent Advisory Council (PAC) which will launch during the second semester of the 2016-2017 school year.
We hope to assemble a core group of 20-30 parents of current Kent Career Tech Center students who are willing to commit to a monthly one-hour meeting to share and discuss their insights, experiences, and suggestions as a Tech Center parent. Our desired goal is to develop a “Kent Career Tech Center Parent Compact” and a list of actionable items to support better parent communication and parent awareness of happenings in the Tech Center classrooms and labs; solicit parent feedback; identify parent volunteer opportunities and build a “parent-to-parent” network.
If you are interested in obtaining information for this committee, please contact us via “Let’s Talk” on the left of this page.
Main Office Hours: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM (Monday - Friday)
1st Session: 6:55 - 9:10
2nd Session: 9:15 - 11:30
3rd Session: 12:00 - 2:15
Posted Grades/Report Card Dates:
November 9th (Quarter 1 grades posted)
January 25th (Quarter 2/Semester 1 grades posted)
March 29th (Quarter 3 grades posted)
June 13th (Quarter 4/Semester 2 grades posted)
PowerSchool Parent/Student Login this link will take you to the parent log in page of PowerSchool. You will be able to view your child's grades and attendance as well as update demographic, emergency and other important information.
HomeSchooled Student Enrollment Process
1. Contact our Career Development Facilitators to schedule a program visit at 616-447-2433.
2. E-mail the registrar Tricia DeShane to set up a time to complete the enrollment form.
3. Please provide the following information when submitting your completed enrollment form:
- A Birth Certificate (the certificate will be viewed but a copy will not be retained).
- Proof of Residency (2 pieces). This can be a driver's license,utility bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement.
- Custody agreements or resistrictions if applicable (a copy of these documents will be retained).
4. Enrollment will be confirmed in early May.