1st Session: 6:55-9:10
2nd Session: 9:15-11:30
3rd Session: 12-2:15
Find Us:Campus Overview Map
Kent ISD is an equal opportunity institution. Kent ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, physical/mental disability or veteran status in its educational programming, enrollment, employment or contracting. The Coordinator for Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act and Title II is: Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Legal Services, Kent ISD.
Grievance Procedures Relating to Non-Discrimination Policies
Who May File
Grievances may be filed by students, parents/guardians and employees of the Kent Intermediate School District for alleged non-compliance with provisions of Titles II, VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of June 1990.
How to File
Such grievances shall follow the procedures listed:
1. All grievances shall be addressed in writing to the Civil Rights Coordinator
2. The Civil Rights Coordinator, after investigation, shall inform the complainant of the results of the investigation and the action taken, within thirty (30) calendar days after receipt of such complaint.
3. If the complainant is not satisfied with the report of the Coordinator, the complainant shall file an appeal, in writing, with the Kent ISD School Board within twenty (20) calendar days after receipt of the report of the Coordinator.
4. The School Board shall, within twenty (20) calendar days of the receipt of the written request, hold a hearing to determine what, if any, remedies are necessary to eliminate practices that are deemed discriminatory.
5. The School Board shall notify the complainant, in writing, of its decision within ten (10) calendar days of the date of the hearing.