Students Helping Lead Our School
What is it?
Mr. Graham, KCTC Principal, has assembled a team of students to meet once each month with him and with the Assistant Principals to hear the student voice within the center. There is a Principal's Leadership Team (PLT) for each session (1st, 2nd, and 3rd.) Each team is made up of about 10 – 12 students. The PLT will meet throughout the year. The PLT students collaborate on projects across sessions. Meetings are about 30 – 45 minutes, once each month and include breakfast or lunch from the Culinary Cafe.
What are the responsibilities of the members?
If you are selected:
- You need to be committed to the group and will be required to attend the scheduled meetings and most special events.
- You are expected to maintain good grades, good attendance, and a good disciplinary record.
- You are expected to speak up at the meetings to share the things you like about KCTC and ways we can improve as a center.
- You are expected to be a representative voice for other students you know at KCTC.
- You are expected to be positive and, while it is good to be critical, to focus on solutions and ideas to solve problems to better KCTC.
- You will be invited to be an ambassador at KCTC events and at schools throughout Kent county.
PLT meetings will be held in the Cafe'. First session will meet at 7:30 a.m.; Second session at 9:45 a.m.; and Third session at 12:30 p.m.