Direct College Credit Courses
Courses associated with Biomedical Technology program
Concurrent Enrollment with Grand Valley State University
Students must have a cummulative high school GPA of 3.0 to enroll in the HSECA Biomedical program. After quarter 1 (first 9 weeks), students are evaluated for admission to GVSU and admitted upon recommendation by the HSECA BioMedical instructor.
- CMB 180 Future of Innovation in Health Sciences - 3 credits
- CMB 150 Biotechnology and society - 4 credits
Courses associated with Diagnostic and Therapeutic programs
Concurrent Enrollment with Ferris State University
Enrollment as a Ferris State University student occurs during program sign up. A 2.75 cummulative GPA is required for enrollment. Students must submit test scores (ACT, PSAT, etc.) during the application process.
- CoHP 101 U.S. Healthcare Systems - 3 credits
- Students new to HSECA in the Downtown Market programs are enrolled in this course first semester
- CoHP 102 Safety Issues in Healthcare - 1 credit
- All Diagnostic program students are enrolled in this course first semester
- HCSA 120 Introduction to Healthcare Management - 3 credits
- HSECA students returning for a second program of the Downtown Market programs are enrolled in this course first semester. CoHP 101 is a pre-requisite course for the HSCA 120 course.
- ISYS 105 Introduction to Micro Systems-Software - 3 credits
- All Diagnostic program students are enrolled in this course second semester
- MRIS 103 Medical Terminology - 4 credits
- All Therapeutic program students are enrolled in this course second semester
Requesting College Transcripts
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Available for students in the HSECA Diagnostic Program - ISYS 105 course. A collaborative initiative between the State of Michigan and the KCTC Information Technology program offering students an opportunity to take MOS certification exams in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.