About Information Technology
Get hands-on with the tools and technology that drive our world as you explore the field of IT. Learn computer fundamentals as you build and troubleshoot PCs and problem solve some of today's common computer forensic scenarios. Prepare yourself for careers in PC support, networking, programming and security as you earn college credit. You could even earn as many as 60 college credits while you learn.
- Create applications using XBox360 controllers and mobile devices as you learn programming
- Join the KCTC Cisco Academy to learn about switches, routers, LANs, WANs and network security
- Participate in Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) training
- Solve real-world problems faced by IT, criminal justice and health care professionals
- Establish security and encryption for business networks and personal use
- Become a member of Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA) and receive free licensed Microsoft software
Building local area networks, installing cabling, installing rack-mount servers, routers, and switches are just a few projects that students are working on. They will be configuring their network with a Microsoft Server, a printer, and several PC's. Working together and building their network with a project-based learning focus that is both fun and engaging for students.
Apps and LAN's Facebook Group