Direct College Credit Courses
Courses associated with Biomedical Technology program
Concurrent Enrollment with Grand Valley State University
Students in the HSECA BioMedical program begin the school year with program content. After quarter 1 (first 9 weeks), students are evaluated for admission to GVSU and admitted upon recommendation by the HSECA BioMedical instructor.
- AHS 110 Introduction to healthcare - 3 credits
- CMB 150 Biotechnology and society - 4 credits
Courses associated with Diagnostic and Therapeutic programs
Concurrent Enrollment with Ferris State University
Enrollment as a Ferris State University student occurs during program sign up.
- CoHP 101 U.S. Healthcare Systems - 3 credits
- Students new to HSECA in the Downtown Market programs are enrolled in this course first semester
- CoHP 102 Safety Issues in Healthcare - 1 credit
- All Diagnostic program students are enrolled in this course first semester
- HCSA 120 Introduction to Healthcare Management - 3 credits
- HSECA students returning for a second program of the Downtown Market programs are enrolled in this course first semester. CoHP 101 is a pre-requisite course.
- ISYS 105 Introduction to Micro Systems-Software - 3 credits
- All Diagnostic program students are enrolled in this course sec ond semester
- MRIS 103 Medical Terminology - 4 credits
- All Therapeutic program students are enrolled in this course second semester
Requesting College Transcripts
Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Available for students in the HSECA Diagnostic Program - ISYS 105 course. A collaborative initiative between the State of Michigan and the KCTC Information Technology program offering students an opportunity to take MOS certification exams in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.