About Health Sciences Early College Academy
Get real healthcare experience and free college credit in actual healthcare settings! You could be on your way to becoming a geneticist, biomedical engineer, doctor or whatever healthcare career is right for you. If you'll be a high school junior or senior with a minimum 3.0 GPA and some math and science background, this could be just the program for you. Contact us at 616.447.5671 or email email@example.com.
Therapeutic Healthcare Professions - Downtown Market
- Check patient vital signs including blood pressure, pulse and respiration
- Develop a care plan for an actual patient by interacting with them and reviewing their chart
- Practice wound care and put casts on "patients," place and remove sutures and staples
Diagnostic Healthcare Professions - Downtown Market
- Perform live blood draws
- Practice diagnostic tests using sonography and electrocardiograph equipment
- Perform microbiology to grow and study bacteria and learn about new suberbugs
Biomedical Technology - GVSU's Cook-DeVos Center
- Dig into cell structure and function while working in a GVSU lab
- Isolate DNA and study new technologies in genetics using elecrophoresis
- Mutate, grow and study micro-organisms for pharmaceutical use
Key Highlights for all Locations
- Enroll in college and participate in college coursework, while you're still in high school
- Earn up to 6 free college credits each year - up to 12 credits after two years!
student orientation dates
2017 - 2018
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Programs
All Students Are Required to Attend
August 15, 2017
3:00 - 6:30 PM
Grand Rapids Downtown Market
435 Ionia Avenue SW
Orientation stations can be
in about 1 hour.
August 17, 2017
Grand Valley State University
Cook DeVos Health Professions Building
Grand Rapids, MI
The Health Sciences Early College Academy program was featured on theMaranda Where You Live television show!