About Health Sciences Early College Academy
Get real healthcare experience and free college credit in actual healthcare settings! You could be on your way to becoming a geneticist, biomedical engineer, doctor or whatever healthcare career is right for you. If you'll be a high school junior or senior with a minimum 3.0 GPA and some math and science background, this could be just the program for you. Contact us at 616.447.5671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Therapeutic Healthcare Professions - Downtown Market
- Check patient vital signs including blood pressure, pulse and respiration
- Develop a care plan for an actual patient by interacting with them and reviewing their chart
- Practice wound care and put casts on "patients," place and remove sutures and staples
Diagnostic Healthcare Professions - Downtown Market
- Perform live blood draws
- Practice diagnostic tests using sonography and electrocardiograph equipment
- Perform microbiology to grow and study bacteria and learn about new suberbugs
Biomedical Technology - GVSU's Cook-DeVos Center
- Dig into cell structure and function while working in a GVSU lab
- Isolate DNA and study new technologies in genetics using elecrophoresis
- Mutate, grow and study micro-organisms for pharmaceutical use
Key Highlights for all Locations
- Enroll in college and participate in college coursework, while you're still in high school
- Earn up to 6 free college credits each year - up to 12 credits after two years!
Students of America
HOSA competition is
Friday, December 8, 2017 at Kalamazoo Valley Community College
Students compete in health care related events. Top 10 placement
garners a spot to compete at the State level in the Spring.
Good Luck HOSA Competitors!
The Health Sciences Early College Academy program was featured on theMaranda Where You Live television show!