aviation electronics is the only high school program accredited by the national center for aerospace transportation and technologies (ncatt)
NCATT Certifications and Endorsements
The Kent Career Technical Center's Aviation Electronics program offers high school junior and seniors the opportunity to gain real world experience working on aircraft at their program location, the Gerald R. Ford Airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan
The program provides students with the education and training to achieve NCATT certification for Aviation Electronics Technician. The AET certification is offered to first year students.
- AET certified students are able to work in the Aviation Industry as an Avionics Technician.
- AET certified students are prepared to enter college to pursue an Electrical Engineering degree.
In addition to AET certification, first year Aviation Electronics students are offered education and training to achieve Foreign Object Elimination (FOE) certification.
Additional endorsements through NCATT are achieved in the second year of the program.
- Autonomous Navigation
- Dependent Navigation
- Onboard Communications and Safety Systems
- Radio Communications
College and Career Preparation
2015 - 16 School Year
- 15/15 Students earned AET Certification
- 12/12 Students earned FOE Certification