Hello! I'm Mr. Petz, 3D Animation & Game Design Instructor. I was very excited to come to the Tech Center in the fall of 2016, after working in the field of 3D animation and visual effects for several years. I really like sharing my media knowledge and artistic passion with students. I love watching them grow and develop in this field that can do such incredible things.
My background industry experience includes:
- Freelance artist
- Adjunct Instructor at Ferris State University in digital animation and game design
- 3D animation and VFX artist
- Work with Yeti CGI
- Owner of Kid Tales digital media company
I also hold several degrees:
- Master's in Business Administration from Cornerstone University
- Bachelor's in Digital Animation and Game Design from Ferris State University
- Associates from Grand Rapids Community College
More About Me
My wonderful wife, Amy, and I have four children, Ethan, Emma, Ava and Samuel, and three cats, Fuzz, Pedro and Zoe.
When I'm not teaching, I'm probably doing something active. I love camping and traveling with my family. Our favorite place to visit each year is Pentwarter State Park. We all like sports and cheer for UofM because our daugther Ava spent time at their hospital. I also run marathons and play hockey... and of course I love the Red Wings! Go Wings!
Two fun facts about me are that I play the guitar and was the 2005 Pro Jetski 1200 Stock national champion and placed 6th at the World finals.