Hello! I'm Mr. Petz, 3D Animation & Game Design Instructor. I was very excited to come to the Tech Center in the fall of 2016, after working in the field of 3D animation and visual effects for several years. I really like sharing my media knowledge and artistic passion with students. I love watching them grow and develop in this field that can do such incredible things.
My background industry experience includes:
- Freelance artist
- Adjunct Instructor at Ferris State University in digital animation and game design
- 3D animation and VFX artist
- Work with Yeti CGI
- Owner of Kid Tales digital media company
I also hold several degrees:
- Master's in Business Administration from Cornerstone University
- Bachelor's in Digital Animation and Game Design from Ferris State University
- Associates from Grand Rapids Community College
More About Me
My wonderful wife, Amy, and I have four children, Ethan, Emma, Ava and Samuel, and three cats, Fuzz, Pedro and Zoe.
When I'm not teaching, I'm probably doing something active. I love camping and traveling with my family. Our favorite place to visit each year is Pentwater State Park. We all like sports and cheer for U of M because our daughter Ava spent time at their hospital. I also run marathons and play hockey... and of course I love the Red Wings! Go Wings!
Two fun facts about me are that I play the guitar and was the 2005 Pro Jetski 1200 Stock national champion and placed 6th at the World finals.